-
November 22nd, 1999, 02:00 AM
#21
Inactive Member
I never mentioned VTEC as hindering performance but the overlap in the VTEC lobes does. I don't think VTEC should be disabled but on a supercharger that high lift and log duration with overlap is not preferable. In a turbocharged car I agree with VTECPWR that the VTEC helps push that turbine harder but not on a supercharger.
-
November 22nd, 1999, 03:09 AM
#22
Inactive Member
James? Are you a mechanical genius or what? I've mostly decided to skip all this bs and just buy a GM thats fast from the beginning. At least there are magazine articles that show what to do and what to stay away from.
Some of you here are making any thoughts of joining the group of darksiders seem pretty stupid. One guy is saying don't believe anything because he says so and you're running on like a crazy person. I don't know that much about engines and stuff, but I do know that you are contradicting yourself and maybe you need to see junior on the import board. He's not tolerant of me and I think he'd really go nutz reading your stuff.
Thanks to the more normal members.
-
November 22nd, 1999, 03:10 AM
#23
Inactive Member
To retort another thought to Alloy_625's curiosity the main purpose of the quench pads is to raise compression for any given piston and it supposedly makes the combustion chamber more efficient by reducing the CC volume. If this were so beneficial why does everyone agree that milling the head to reduce the CC is a bad idea and that raising the comp. should be done with pistons? Even Honda decided to use a crazy piston dome in their new Civic Type-R B16B to raise the compression instead of adding quench pads??? If you think it was to save money they would not have use a whole new short block with different crank, pistons, and rods to raise the rod length to stroke ratio above 1.74??? Also they would have saved even more time and money if they did not hand port both the intake and exhaust ports??? I think the quench pads are over rated and should be used for naturally aspirated motors only.
-
November 22nd, 1999, 03:15 AM
#24
Inactive Member
What are you trying to prove? Are you that foul mouthed guy they kicked off here a while back or are you mac still playing games?
No more for me. Maybe you should email yourself with all this bs and then you could be more impressed.
Thanks in advance to the normal members.
-
November 22nd, 1999, 03:25 AM
#25
Silvino
Guest
Hmmm, james some of the things you mentioned about ripping apart the engine are too time consuming for my daily driver. Also, the JnS is WAY superior to the stock knock sensor that retards what, 2 degrees? The JnS does it up to 20 so it's very safe and lets you tweak stuff without worrying as badly.
------------------
Silvino Orozco
'97 Integra GS-R w/JRSC,JR Fuel pump, AEM Cold Air Intake, Powerstop rotors/Axxis Metal Master brake pads, A'PEXi Dunk Exhaust, J&S Safeguard unit
-
November 22nd, 1999, 03:29 AM
#26
Inactive Member
Ho_train there is nothing stupid about having a 2000Lb 1.8L 4 banger Integra that can produce similar hp and torque than a Chevy small block Camro and still attract women at the same time. Not too many Chevy's are making it to the popular car shows these dayz and it looks like Imports are ruling the streets. Besides, how much more money does it take to sport a C5 Corvette vs a supercharged Integra. Which car gets better gas milage and won't tear you a new one everytime that insurance statment comes in the mail?
-
November 22nd, 1999, 03:56 AM
#27
Inactive Member
Seems like this board has to many ignorant haters and that's why the Import Racing board is now crap. There is nothing wrong with learning something new and people here don't realize the intricacies of forced induction. I though people were looking for more than just "Bolt this to your car and it will make more power deal". It's a shame that people spend up to a thousand dollars just to get that next 10Hp increase without blowing their motors. Oscar realized this from the get go and that's why I believe he is suckering many people for their $$$. Thanks for your time everyone I won't bother this board again.
-
November 22nd, 1999, 04:59 AM
#28
Inactive Member
I'm usually a pretty nice guy always willing to help people out. But when someone comes in here making assumptions, that pisses me off. You should worry about finishing college and getting a real job instead of coming here and trying to raise hell James. There, how does it feel to have someone trying to teach moral values to YOU? And for your information, I installed my JRSC myself and I've never paid anyone to touch my car. Now how about sharing your 3+ years of experience?
------------------
Fred G.
'97 Civic EX supercharged http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/track/4059
-
November 22nd, 1999, 01:37 PM
#29
HB Forum Owner
GOOD!!! We sweat and bleed (I have 3 or 4 cuts from this weekends efforts) while working on our cars trying to reach our performance goals, when all we needed to do was listen to a guy with a 90GS and NOS regurgitate half the crap that has ever been posted on the internet. We have already discussed thicker headgaskets, crankcase vents, fuel pumps, timing retard, hell everything you tried to sound so knowledgable on. You claimed to have read all of our posts, well you didn't pay much attention did you? I am sorry, I am normally a nice guy, but I sit here and see people come in a try and trash up something we have worked hard on, an environment to (most of the time) intelligently discuss our cars and the issues surrounding them, and some punk-ass sounding kid has to come in and try and screw it up. Thank you for not subjecting us to your "wisdom" any further!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks